The 7th Washoku World Challenge is operated by Japan International Broadcasting Inc. consigned to by MAFF.
Personal Information Protection Policy
Our Company hereby stipulates the following Personal Information Protection Policy for the purpose of organizationally ensuring the appropriate handling of personal data in accordance with the “Protection of Personal Information Act” (Act No. 57 of 2003. “Personal Information Protection Act” hereinafter).
１）Compliance Relating to the Protection of Personal Information
We will appropriately handle personal information in compliance with laws and other norms including the Personal Information Protection Act, as well as with our Company Regulations. For such purposes, we will provide necessary training to our employees whose occupational responsibilities include the handling of personal information.
２）Implementation of Personal Information Protection Measures
We will take measures to ensure the appropriate use of personal information, as well as appropriate safety control measures to prevent infringement of privacy and other rights caused by theft, falsification or leakage of personal information. The details of the personal data safety control measures are separately provided in “Regulations for the Handling of Personal Information.”
３）Establishment of Personal Information Protection System
We will assign administrators, managers and persons in charge of personal information protection to ensure the appropriate management of personal information.
４）Response to Complaints Regarding the Handling of Personal Information
Complaints made regarding our handling of personal information and requests for disclosure of personal information made by viewers who originally own such information will be handled at the following contact desk for prompt and appropriate responses.
５）For appropriate and continuously improved management of personal information, JIB conducts training and has a responsible administrator in each department.
６）In the event of a complaint or inquiry about JIB’s handling of personal information or a request for JIB to disclose, correct, or stop using personal information, a JIB -designated contact person deals with it appropriately and promptly.
Addendum: Processing of personal information (personal data) of EEA residents
1. Legal bases for processing personal dataJIB processes the following personal data:
2) Home address
3) Email address
4) Phone number (personal/work)
7) Date of birth
9) Work place
10) Profile Photo
JIB processes personal data based on the following legal bases provided for in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) (Articles 6 and 7, and Article 9 for special category of personal data):
1) When processing is required to enter into a contract with you or for the performance of contractual obligations to provide servicesto you;
2) When your explicit consent is given to JIB to process personal data;
3) When processing is required for compliance withour legal obligations;
4) When processing is required for the pursuit of legitimate interests of JIB or third parties; provided that such interests are not overridden by applicant’s interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; and
5) When processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
2. Necessity of processing personal data
Personal data is necessary for JIB to identify and contact you, to evaluate and verify qualification for the application of the Washoku World Challenge, to provide services to you, and to provide information related to our services to you.
3. Retention period for personal data
JIB will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the aforementioned purposes for obtaining and processing your personal data. Specific retention periods are decided based on the following considerations: the purpose for obtaining and processing the personal data; the nature of the personal data; and the necessity of retaining the personal data for legal or business reasons.
4. Sharing and transferring of personal data
JIB shares your persona data to the following third party in accordance with the GDPR for the purposes stated in this addendum.
Name: Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan
Category: Government agency
As a result of the aforementioned sharing, your personal datamay be transferred to Japan, outside the EEA. Japan has been approved by the European Commission as providing essentially equivalent protection to EEA data protection laws. JIB will ensure that any such international transfers are made subject to appropriate and suitable safeguards as required by the GDPR.
5. Your rights
You have the following legal rights in relation to personal data that JIB holds and can exercise those rights by contacting JIB using the details set out below:
1) Requesting access to personal data which JIB holds;
2) Requesting rectification or erasure of personal data;
3) Objecting to, and requesting restriction of JIB’s processing of personal data;
4) Withdrawing the consent for processing personal data; provided, however,such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out by JIB based on your consent before the withdrawal is made;
5) Data portability of personal data; and
6) Lodging a complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
6. How to contact JIB
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of personal data or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact JIB at the following address.
Personal Information Desk,
Corporate Planning Department,
Japan International Broadcasting Inc.
Nihon-Seimei Shibuya Annex Building,
19-4 Jinnan 1 Chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0041 JAPAN